Creative Arts Therapy, Groups - A Powerful Way to Create Heal Thrive
Our CATA HQ is the culmination of many years’ worth of work to create a space that not only accommodates individual participants but also allows room for a range of groups to experience Creative Arts Therapy. Creative Arts Therapy programs now available for 2023
We are currently running the following group programs:
- Parents and Bubs Group;
- Men’s Group;
- Women's Group;
- Creative Arts Therapy Supervision (ANZACATA registered)
Groupwork can provide quite a different experience from individual therapy and is beneficial for people who are experiencing Mental Health challenges, as well as those just wanting to get together and be creative in a friendly, supportive, social environment.
Some Benefits of Group Arts Therapy:
- Builds community connection and a social experience – reducing feelings of isolation;
- It provides a safe space for people with similar experiences to support each other;
- Learning from the collective experience and shared stories. Group dynamics can play an essential part in the healing process;
- Helps develop interpersonal skills, as well as social learning and cooperation;
- Reduces session cost if someone cannot afford individual therapy
The way CATA’s group programs are run is diverse. Creative Arts Therapists spend time preparing for these sessions, ensuring they are inclusive and creative. They allow for personal self-exploration, emotional expression, and creative play.
Sessions may include but are not limited to painting, sculpting, drawing, collage, textiles, sensory activities, role-playing, and movement-based activities. No previous art-making experience is necessary, just a willingness and an open mind!
If you are interested in partaking in any CATA group Arts Therapy programs (or make other related enquiries) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.