CATA in partnership with Victorian Association for Care and Rehabilitation of Offenders (VACRO) utilise the creative art therapies to connect parole dads and their chil...
CATA in partnership with Victorian Association for Care and Rehabilitation of Offenders (VACRO) utilise the creative art therapies to connect parole dads and their children. This 8 day holiday program focuses on supporting fathers who have been separated from their children due to incarceration and who are now integrating back into the community. Our Creative Art Therapists work with social workers to provide art processes that encourage “getting to know each other”. Each of the creative activities involve a playful means of introduction and have the intention of discovery something about each other in a non-threatening and fun way.
The CONNECT program is designed to explore personal voice, sense of self and family relationships.
- Supports community, socialisation and belonging
- Normalisation through creative group work and sharing
- Non-judgemental approach to support authentic communication
- Increases sense of hope and possibilities
- Promotes Self-expression & self-awareness
- Acknowledges and validates the hard emotions
- Provides photographic memory books for parent and child to take home of their 8 days together