- We deliver this program where ever you choose, at your home, at CATA HQ.....
One of the most difficult transitions for a family is the loss of a child. The Blue Sky program supports a child enduring end of life and their family through Creative ...
One of the most difficult transitions for a family is the loss of a child. The Blue Sky program supports a child enduring end of life and their family through Creative Arts Therapy. Holding a family-centred approach our Creative Arts Therapists facilitate sessions with the child and is equally supportive of the child’s siblings, parents and other significant loved ones.
Creative Arts Therapy for the end of life child provides relief from anxiety, fear, stress and depression. It can also provide physiological relief from pain by shifting the mindset and allows for the child and family to come to terms with emotional conflicts. Often the sibling/s of the dying child experience a range of emotions, from feelings of anger and jealousy to guilt and sadness. The Blue Sky program encourages the expression of all emotions without judgement. There has been much research on the benefits of art therapy and its significant reduction in anxiety, depression and pain and improved quality of life in terminally ill individuals.
Creative Arts Therapy not only supports the child to accomplish something but also provides the child and their family an opportunity to express what words cannot. It builds relationships and brings the family together at a difficult time when families can be disconnected in their own grief. Ultimately, the Blue Sky program creates a legacy for the child and their family. It honours and celebrates the life that was and gives back to the family a meaningful commemoration.
Blue Sky program:
- Provides one to one Creative Arts Therapies with a qualified Creative Arts Therapist.
- Provides Creative Arts Therapy for sibling and family with the child.
- Provides consumables required including canvases, paint and all art supplies.
- Invites children to participate at any level in the artwork.
- If children are unable to participate therapists and artists will work in front of the child to stimulate and carry the child’s imagination in the making of the work.
- Works as part of the multidisciplinary team in the clinical setting.
- Provides framed legacy piece for the family.